Select one of the categories below
For an MoT/Service in Anston/Sheffield come to the Wainwrights MoT/Service Centre. Our fully-qualified technicians will carry out your MoT test and with hundreds of satisfied customers you can be sure of the best in service and value. You can book quickly and easily online or call us and we'll make your booking personally.
MoT Testers You Can Trust
We want to rectify the problem for you and will always look for the most cost - effective way of achieving this without compromising your safety. As a VOSA - approved MoT Centre, everything we do is strictly monitored and failure rates must reflect national averages. Were we to carry out unnecessary work we could lose our licence – and you, our customer. So it can't and won't happen.
Professional Customer Service
Our skilled technicians will ensure that the work is carried out to the highest standards and where a cheaper option is available it will be offered as a matter of course.
MoT and Servicing at Wainwrights
Why Choose Us!
Your time is precious so every part of the MoT process is streamlined at Wainwrights MoT/Service Centre. We are situated in a convenient location and can even collect and deliver your car, if required. All you have to do is call or book online and let us take care of the rest.
MoT while you wait
A modern multi-lane facility and our experienced technicians and testers allow us to complete your MoT test speedily without compromising on safety in any way. Your test will be performed in under an hour.
What Will It Cost?
Most stations charge £54.85 for a test, but we charge only £39.99 so you can save £14.86.
We also run offers very often with Mots from Only "£29.99" keep a look out for these offers.
We aim to never be beaten on price and will match or beat any genuine comparable price advertised locally.
We do this to give us the opportunity to show you the value of our service and facilities because we are confident that once you have used our company you will become a regular customer like so many others.
The MoT Test, Car Vans & Motorcycles
(Same guidelines for Motorcycles)
1. Body and vehicle structure: Free from excessive corrosion or damage in
specific areas and there are no sharp edges likely to cause injury.
2. Fuel system: Has no leaks and the fuel cap fastens and seals securely. The fuel cap will need to be opened so be sure the key is available.
3. Exhaust: Meets the requirements for exhaust emissions, depending on the age
and fuel type of the vehicle.
4. Exhaust system: Secure, complete, without serious leaks and silences effectively.
5. Seat belts: Are checked for type, condition, operation and security. All compulsory
seat belts must be in place.
6. Seats: Are secure. Front and rear backseats can be secured in the upright position.
7. Doors: Latch securely in closed position. Front doors should open from inside and outside the vehicle. Rear doors may need to be opened to gain access to testable items.
8. Mirrors: Are in place, in good condition and secure.
9. Brakes: Are in good condition and the operation and performance (efficiency test) is satisfactory. Note the removal of the road wheels is not part of the test.
10. Boot: Secured in the closed position.
11. Tyres and wheels: Are in good condition, secure, of the correct size and type and tread depth is sufficient. Spare tyres are not inspected.
12. Registration plates: Are in good condition and secure and that the characters are correctly formed and spaced.
13. Lights: Are in operational condition and secure. Headlamps are tested for aim.
14. Bonnet: Securely latches in the closed position.
15. Wipers and washers: Operate to give the driver a clear view ahead.
16. Windscreen: In good condition and the driver's view of the road is clear.
17. Horn: Operates correctly and is of a suitable type.
18. Steering and suspension: Are of a satisfactory condition and operation.
19. Vehicle identification number (VIN): On vehicles first used on or after the 1st of August 1980. Not more than one different VIN is displayed except on multistage build vehicles.